Whether you love them or hate them, club promoters are a necessary byproduct of the clubbing industry. Though we thoroughly enjoy their hookups and bumping into them at the bar (free drinks anyone?) sometimes their douchiness exceeds any amount of ‘comped entries’ they can ever really offer us. Here are 8 things that every club promoter does but refuses to admit:
1. Spam your Facebook on a regular basis.
2. Give unrealistic expectations of how amazing a party will be.
3. Send out mass texts about about the “hottest” party in the city… Every. Single. Weekend.
4. Type in ALL CAPS all of the time.
5. Tag you in useless event flyers on Facebook.
6. Take photos of themselves popping bottles wherever they go.
7. Say they will get you into the club for free. Show up. Pay full price.
8. At the end of it all, you’ve been forced to defriend them on Facebook because you just can’t handle their shit.
Have a promoter pet peeve that didn’t quite make the cut? Share it with us in the comments below!