A lot of us look to celebrities or movie/TV show characters to inspire us for the one day of the year where we get to dress up like anything we want! It may not feel like it at times, but even celebrities are guilty of following this trend (yes, even the rich and famous tend to mimic other celebs while getting into the Halloween spirit).
Check out our selection of celebrity costumes below for some inspo this Halloween. (You’re going to need some ideas early on in the game if you want to outdo everyone else at the Halloween event you’ll be attending this year, right?) We’ve also managed to include some of the worst attempts – so be sure to steer clear of them! We hope this guide will help keep you on the best dressed list for Halloween 2015.
Best Celebrity Halloween Costumes
1) Blue Ivy (the daughter of superstars Beyonce and Jay Z) dresses up last Halloween as Michael Jackson! Her costume was on point and super cute!
2) Ellen Degeneres dresses up like Nicki Minaj in a totally risqué bomber jacket fully equipped with all the under boob Nicki sported in a similar outfit. This was amazing and totally hilarious!
3) Miley Cyrus killed it dressing up in an iconic Lil’ Kim purple jumpsuit and wig. We didn’t know it at the time but this boob sticker trend for Miley has seem to stick around long past Halloween!
4) Paris Hilton masters the Miley Cyrus teddy bear outfit for Halloween. Right down to the pig tail buns on the top of her head. Good work Paris!
Worst Celebrity Halloween Costumes
1) Twerk or Treat? Hugh Hefner and wife Crystal dress up as Robin Thicke and Miley Cyrus from their controversial performance at the MTV Music Awards a few years back. We think it’s totally creepy!
2) Kim Kardashian and hubby Kayne West dress up as a mermaid and sailor. Although we LOVE Kim’s costume and think she totally killed it, Kayne is bringing down the team with his zero effort costume. Are you even going to wear the hat Kayne?! This time, Kayne is the reason the couple make the worst dressed list. Sorry Yeezy!
3) Julianne Hough dresses up in blackface to play character “Crazy Eyes” from the popular show Orange Is The New Black. What was intended to be a harmless costume in celebration of the show, actually offended a lot of people and was deemed racist. Julianne did apologize after this incident but she still makes our celebrity Halloween costume fail list!
Have any favourite celeb Halloween costumes that didn’t quite make the cut? Feel free to share them in the comment section below!